Bad Muffler Symptoms
Muffler problems may start out small, but they can turn into huge headaches over time. What are the bad muffler symptoms that you need to know? Between strange muffler sounds and odd odors spilling from the exhaust, there are several clues that your car will provide before a full muffler replacement is needed.
Primary Warning Signs of a Bad Muffler
- Noises: Your muffler operates in silence when working properly. If you notice loud muffler sounds, schedule your appointment immediately!
- Engine Backfire: If your engine is backfiring, it’s typically an indication of something wrong with your vehicle’s exhaust system. It could just be one of several bad muffler symptoms, but there’s also a chance that it’s a bigger issue.
- Efficiency: Keep tabs on your fuel economy. A bad muffler can seriously reduce your efficiency, which is bad for your car’s performance and your wallet!
- Moisture in the Exhaust Pipes: If you notice moisture coming from your car’s exhaust pipes, this could result in corrosion of your vehicle’s exhaust system, which could in turn lead to failure of your muffler. It’s true that heating and cooling are regular processes within an engine and exhaust system, especially during cold weather, but it can cause problems over time. You should especially be concerned if you notice moisture coming from your car’s exhaust on a dry, sunny day.
- Odors: A bad muffler can produce awful smells from your exhaust system. These fumes can be dangerous, so don’t hesitate to head to the shop.
Learn More About Bad Muffler Symptoms With Tamaroff Honda
Now that you know bad muffler symptoms, what about your brakes? Find out if you need a brake check at Tamaroff Honda in Southfield, near Bloomfield and Troy.
More Service Tips From Tamaroff Honda
Tire care… what should I do? Wondering, “How to take care of my tires?” We’re glad you asked! Tire maintenance is key to the longevity of your tires, which will save you money in the long run. It’s also a smart safety move. Contact Us What are the Benefits of Tire Care? Taking good care…
Contact Us Getting a flat tire can easily ruin your day, but knowing how to change a flat can take the fear and worry out of a scary situation. Arm yourself with the tools and knowledge on this basic automotive repair, and drive through Southfield with total confidence. Proper Tools You will need the following…
Schedule Service If your car is struggling to start, you might assume that a dying battery could be the culprit. But, you may be noticing the signs of bad starter systems. What are the most common symptoms of a bad starter? Let’s take a look. Signs of a Bad Starter Just like the engine light…