Why is My Engine Overheating?
Your engine requires care, so it is important to pay close attention to its varying states. If you’ve been wondering “Why is my engine overheating?”, then let Tamaroff Honda find the answers that you need. Learn more about common engine problems and then schedule your service for an expert inspection.
Causes of Engine Overheating
Many factors can affect engine overheating issues. We can break down the possibilities, so you have an idea of what to expect before taking your vehicle for a service visit.
- Radiator Leaking: A leaky radiator can cause issues with engine heating and cooling. A disruption in the radiator will prevent it from properly holding fluid, thus preventing the engine from cooling as necessary.
- Coolant Concentration Issues: Drivers should follow the directions by the manufacturer when selecting the right coolant to use in the vehicle. Not using the right coolant or mixing it incorrectly can cause the engine to overheat. We recommend flushing it completely before filling it with the right coolant mixture.
- Bad Hoses: There could be an issue with the hoses running to the coolant. If the hoses are dried out, cracked, or punctured, then this could be the culprit.
- Bad Thermostat: The thermostat in your engine opens or closes based on the temperature. When the thermostat opens, the coolant passes through. If the thermostat is not properly reacting to the temperature and stays closed, then this will definitely prevent the engine from cooling down.
- Broken Water Pump: The water pump is what allows the engine to pressurize and propel coolant. When the valves are interfered any way, the coolant won’t properly cool the engine. Problems like coolant seepage and wobbling in the pump shaft are often issues in the water pump.
Come to Our Service Department
Tamaroff Honda is ready to service your vehicle today. Come see us to answer your question: “Why is my engine overheating?” Our list represents just a small portion of the common problems that cause this issue, but our experts are fully trained on the ins and outs of engine diagnosis and repair. Contact us online to find our more information about our services. We can book your appointment for a service department visit.