2016 Honda CR-V vs. 2016 Ford Edge
2016 Honda CR-V
2016 Ford Edge
Here at Tamaroff Honda, we are comparing the 2016 Honda CR-V to the 2016 Ford Edge. Both vehicles are popular compact SUV options, but you’ll want to know more about their safety ratings and features before making your choice. Take a look at how the features on these models match up and how they differ. Your next compact SUV awaits at Tamaroff Honda. See why we prefer the winner over its competitor.
Safety is a top feature many drivers consider when choosing a vehicle. The CR-V and the Edge offer discerning drivers some great options.
- Those who choose the CR-V Touring will have Collision Mitigation Braking System as a standard feature. This system includes sensors on the front of the vehicle that alerts the driver of impending collisions and applies the brakes automatically if they are not applied in time. Although the Edge has a forward collision warning system, it will not automatically use the brakes in the event of danger.
- In the IIHS front crash test at 40 MPH, the CR-V earned an overall good rating while the Edge only earned an acceptable rating.
- In the NHTSA side impact test at 20 MPH, both vehicles received five star ratings.
High fuel economy numbers mean more money for your wallet. And in addition to stellar fuel economy numbers, the CR-V also only requires regular gasoline.
- Two-Wheel Drive CR-V models can reach up to an EPA-estimated 26 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.* Comparably, the Edge has an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway or an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway with Start and Stop technology.
- Four-Wheel Drive CR-V models are able to provide an EPA-estimated 25 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway*, while the Edge reaches an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.
Ergonomic features can make a car more convenient and easier to use. In terms of the CR-V, ergonomics provide added safety elements. The CR-V comes standard with a locking fuel door, and also has a remote release that the driver can access easily. In addition to its convenient access, it is safe to have a locking fuel door to stop vandals and gas swiping. You will not find a locking fuel door in the Edge.
Visit Tamaroff Honda Today
Tamaroff Honda is where you can find the 2016 Honda CR-V, one of that stand-out SUVs on the market right now. This compact SUV has an abundance of features and impressive safety ratings to match. Contact us online to find out more information, and book your test drive today.
*26 city/33 highway/29 combined mpg rating for 2WD models. 25 city/31 highway/27 combined mpg rating for AWD models/ Based on 2016 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.