Flawless Vehicle Interior Care
With a little effort, you can perform your own vehicle interior care. A thorough vehicle interior cleaning will help your car’s finishes last for years to come. Here are the key steps for detailing the inside of your car:
- Vacuum – Begin at the top and work your way down, using extensions and attachments to get to hard-to-reach areas.
- Hard surfaces – Use a tiny amount of general household cleaner on your dashboard, interior moldings, and trim. Spray it directly on the cloth. Small tools like cotton swabs, soft toothbrushes, and paintbrushes are perfect for getting into small areas.
- Upholstery – Steam cleaners are ideal for cloth seats, while mild leather soap should be used on leather surfaces, followed by conditioner.
- Carpet – Again, a steam cleaner is best, but you can always use household carpet cleaner and a stiff brush. Don’t let the carpet get too wet because it can mildew if it doesn’t dry properly.
- Glass – Regular spray glass cleaner can be used on the inside windows, but spray it onto the cloth instead of the surface to avoid streaking.
If you don’t want to do it yourself, explore car detailing at Tamaroff Honda in Southfield, near Farmington Hills and West Bloomfield.