How to Take Care of My Tires
Tire care… what should I do? Wondering, “How to take care of my tires?” We’re glad you asked! Tire maintenance is key to the longevity of your tires, which will save you money in the long run. It’s also a smart safety move.
What are the Benefits of Tire Care?
Taking good care of your tires means you won’t have to replace them as often. And new tires are a big investment. Keeping your tires inflated properly and free of damage will help them wear out evenly and save you money on gas. Well maintained tires are safer to drive on, too. Think about it. Your tires are all that’s there between you and the road.
What Should I Do?
The key to tire maintenance is consistency. Check your air pressure regularly, ideally every month. Schedule inspections, rotations, and alignment as often as your owner’s manual recommends, and you’ll be on track for preventative maintenance that keeps minor problems from becoming major problems:
- Have your tires inspected. Damage from rocks or nails is quite common, so pay attention to the condition of your tires, especially if you’ve been driving near construction or on rough terrain. Get your tires professionally inspected every year.
- Check your air pressure often. Tire pressure affects everything, from the way your car responds to your steering input, to how quickly you stop when you brake. Check your pressure each month and before road trips.
- Rotate and balance your tires. Periodic rotations will help distribute wear and tear on your tires.
- Don’t speed. You’re more likely to have a blowout or to collide with road obstacles when you drive at higher speeds.
- No overloads. Be careful how much weight you load onto your vehicle. Excess load capacity can cause heat overload, which can severely damage your tires.
More About Tire Maintenance
Invest some time in learning how to take care of your tires, and it will pay off in the end. Tamaroff Honda can help. Learn how to change a tire, replace the battery in your key fob, why steering wheels lock and how to unlock them, and about other tire maintenance services, including tire rotations. If you live in West Bloomfield or Farmington Hills, Tamaroff Honda is the perfect place to have all your tire maintenance done. Contact us today for a tire service appointment!