Honda Accord Performance: Versatile Power, Serious Efficiency
The 2017 Honda Accord performance offers versatility to cater to drivers everywhere. Whether you want zesty power for highway travels or agility to cruise with confidence, the Honda Accord gives you the performance you prefer. Come to Tamaroff Honda to find your match in a model today.
Engine Size and Power
Let’s start with the standard Accord engine. This 2.4L 4-cylinder engine is paired to a 6-speed manual transmission, but you have the option for a Continuously Variable Transmission as well. This engine zooms through the roads with 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque. Pick the Sport or Sport Special Edition model for a boost to 189 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque.
The EX-L V6 trim comes with a 3.5L V6 engine and a 6-speed automatic transmission. This engine roars with 278 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque. Paddle-shifters are available on the Sport and Sport Special Edition trims. These trims feature Sport Mode ratios as standard on both the Continuously Variable Transmission and 6-speed automatic transmission for excellent, seamless shifting.
The Accord pairs its great power with great efficiency. Plus, these engines only need unleaded gasoline—no need for premium fuel to achieve a sporty performance. Here is a brief summary of the fuel economy figures for each configuration:
- The LX to the EX trims with a 6-speed manual transmission show an EPA-estimated 23 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway*.
- The Continuously Variable Transmission on the LX, EX, and EX-L trims show an EPA-estimated 27 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway*.
- On the Sport and Sport Special Edition trims with a Continuously Variable Transmission, you will find 26 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway*.
- All models with the 6-speed automatic transmission generate an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway*.
In the front of the vehicle is a MacPherson Strut front suspension system, while the back of the vehicle features a multi-link suspension. Different trims come with different wheels sizes, which gives each model its own personality. The LX comes with 16-inch alloy wheels. Move up to the Sport or the Sport Special Edition for 19-inch alloy wheels. The EX, EX-L, and EX-L V6 trims come with 17-inch alloy wheels. These wheels are also backed with all-season tires to keep your vehicle stable on the road and at the optimal performance.
Zip Behind the Wheel
Come to Tamaroff Honda for the 2017 Honda Accord performance. Pick the model with the engine that suits your daily drive or your wild side; the choice is all up to you! Our dealership welcomes you, so contact us online if you have any questions. We can also book your time for a test drive.
* Based on 2017 EPA estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Actual mileage will vary.