2017 Honda HR-V vs. 2017 Ford Escape
2017 Honda HR-V
2017 Ford Escape
Are you in the market for an SUV? As you find yourself comparing popular models like the 2017 Honda HR-V and the 2017 Ford Escape, you may feel confused about which vehicle will best fit your wants and needs. But don’t worry—we’re here to help! Explore this quick buyers guide, where we’ll compare the merits of the HR-V and the Ford Escape’s offerings to help you make an informed choice. Research the competitors before heading to Tamaroff Honda for a test drive!
The Honda HR-V is certainly the less expensive of the two vehicles, bearing an MSRP that is more than $4,000 below the starting cost of the Ford Escape.
Trims and prices for the 2017 HR-V lineup are as follows:
- Honda HR-V LX: Pricing starts at $19,365 MSRP*
- Honda HR-V EX: Pricing starts at $21,415 MSRP*
- Honda HR-V EX-L Navi: Pricing starts at $24,840 MSRP*
The 2017 Ford Escape models and prices shape up this way:
- Ford Escape S: Pricing starts at $23,600 MSRP
- Ford Escape SE: Pricing starts at $25,100 MSRP
- Ford Escape Titanium: Pricing starts at $29,100 MSRP
The Honda HR-V also pulls ahead of the Ford Escape in terms of EPA-estimated fuel economy.
- Gas mileage delivery onboard the HR-V ranges from 28 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway on 2WD CVT automatic models to 25 mpg in the city 33 mpg on the highway on 6-speed manual models.**
- In contrast, the Ford Escape achieves EPA-estimated fuel economy of just 20 to 23 mpg city and 27 to 30 mpg highway.
The Honda HR-V also boasts superiority in the realm of features.
- A one-touch power moonroof with a tilt feature comes standard in the HR-V EX and EX-L Navi trims, while the Ford Escape’s Panoramic Vista Roof is only offered as an available, extra-cost upgrade – it doesn’t come standard in any of the Escape models.
- Smart Entry with push-button start also comes standard in the HR-V EX and EX-L Navi models, while the Ford Escape’s Intelligent Access with push-button start is only offered for the top Escape trim, not either of the lower trim levels.
- A Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic comes standard onboard the HR-V EX-L Navi trim, while the Ford Escape’s voice-activated navigation system is only offered as an available upgrade for an added cost—it does not come standard in any of the Escape models.
- The Honda HR-V also offers driver-assist features like Honda LaneWatch, which comes standard in the EX and EX-L Navi trims. This state-of-the-art system uses a camera integrated in the passenger-side exterior mirror to deliver live video footage of the adjacent lane, helping drivers change lanes and make right-hand turns more safely. This is a feature the Ford Escape does not offer.
Experience the Exceptional 2017 Honda HR-V Today
Drivers can further explore the 2017 Honda HR-V’s superior offerings and take this outstanding vehicle for a test drive at Tamaroff Honda. Drop by our dealership at your convenience, and contact us beforehand with any questions!
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**25 city/33 highway/28 combined mpg rating for 6-speed manual transmission models. 28 city/34 highway/31 combined mpg rating for 2WD CVT Automatic models. 27 city/31 highway/29 combined mpg rating for AWD CVT Automatic models. Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.